Thursday, September 17, 2009

well...

Wow, it's been over two months. I just browsed all the posts I missed reading since my move back to Montgomery. I'm now an assistant volleyball coach... I never would have even thought this a possibility until it happened. Of course, my main responsibility is the strength and conditioning side of things, but I'm becoming more and more a student of the game.

It's been a little strange coming back to a place I lived for a few years before... I'm a little different, the place is a little different, everyone's life - shocker - kept moving right along while I was gone, so they're a little different, too. I guess I've been so engrossed in the new job I haven't taken much time to explore and fully reconnect. What began as a conscious effort to be more intentional about starting again here and not jumping back into old routines has turned into allowing myself to focus almost solely on long days at the "office" (this encompassing the weight room, Tori's and my shared office, the gym, and Faulkner in general).

Here's to a more concerted effort at balance and reinvesting in meaningful ways...

2 comments:

  1. let me know how it goes, i managed the volleyball team in high school while dewayne key coached, so i know some of what you're going thru in that setting, my niece just started playing on moulton's team so i'll be reacquainting myself with the sport again soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, looks like you need to update your "about me" section over there

    ReplyDelete