Thursday, April 16, 2009

knitting...

I decided to pop into my local library to unwind and check my email and such. They have this new area that's a coffee shop, reading area, bookstore, lounge, etc. Pretty cool, and better than just sitting at a boring ol' table surrounded by the shelves or in a cubicle. So, I plopped down in a comfy lounge chair and got out my laptop and started doing important things... like checking on my Mafia Wars situation on Face Book and stalking some of my friends... and I realized after a short time that I was about to be an observer of a knitting class of some sort. So, now I'm sitting here watching a gathering of around 15 knitters ranging in age from around 6 to somewhere around 70 years. Some grandmothers, moms, and kiddos, being taught to knit by a couple of (what appear to be) 20-somethings. I'm not really into knitting, but it's not a bad distraction... kind of neat, actually, to have their chatter and yarning (or darning?) in the background. I guess it's really in the foreground. I didn't mention that the chair I plopped into earlier is actually facing their grouping of chairs and couches. And I just learned that there are (at least) two styles of knitting... English and Continental. Call me a Renaissance man.

Here's to hanging out at your local library... if you haven't in a while, stop by and say hello. Or, maybe, just eavesdrop on a knitting class while you're running your errands for The Godfather or stalking those special someones.

Hope you're able to let out a sigh of relief now that tax season is over and that you have a great weekend coming up! I'm going to be enjoying the Ledet's Crawfish Boil down in Montgomery this weekend and plan to visit with my old crew at Landmark on Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. I really need to start frequenting the Huntsville Library! Now here's the big question: are you going to join the knitting circle next time?! :)

    I wish I was going to be at the Ledet's Crawfish Boil! I miss my Montgomery friends!!! But this weekend is the Girls Retreat that I have been planning, so I won't be getting away this weekend. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with the girls' retreat... but you really should plan better!

    And... no... I don't think I'll join the circle. I can learn well enough by observation and eavesdropping... ha!

    ReplyDelete