Wednesday, April 29, 2009

the power to choose...

I found out yesterday morning that I'll not longer be "required" to take graduate classes that I don't need in order to continue working with the program at UAB. This is a huge relief and answered prayer for whatever time I have left here! I still have to finish one paper, but that will be IT! I feel it's important, also, in that it will hopefully help out others that are already here or will be in the future... mainly by allowing for some type of assessment that will allow their time and money to go toward activities that are in their best interest.

Derita Ratcliffe is our new Associate AD and I have to give mad props to her for listening, having an open mind, and doing some research to find out what options are available. I think she's a blessing to the Athletic Department, especially our little world in the Strength and Conditioning Program. I think these somewhat minor changes will allow more flexibility in the program that will contribute to many other good things for staff and athletes (in my opinion).

Hope you're all well out there...

No comments:

Post a Comment